Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby afghan finally complete!

I started this afghan for my bosses baby slightly before he was born at the beginning of September, and now it is finally done, hooray!

It is crocheted in a soft Hobby Lobby baby yarn in acrylic, of which the name escapes me at this moment. I will edit to add. It seems like it took forever! It was not the crocheting that was a pain; rather it was the blocking, stitching together, and repairing where my scissors got a little too close. It was the first time I had ever done more than a cursory blocking job. I created a grid on a large piece of cardboard and blocked about 12 at a time.

The patterns for the blocks can be found in the book 200 Crochet Blocks. I would have to disagree on the 200 part, as many blocks are repeated with very slight variations, or only color changes. None the less, it is a great book. I especially like the blocks that have circular motifs. Maybe some day I will be crazy enough to do a full size afghan. :)


One last pic of my baby modeling the new baby blanket:

1 comment:

renee said...

Very nice! I have that book, too and was also annoyed by the so called "200" squares. But I also agree it is a great book. So far I've only done a random square here and there to try it out, but I'm currently dreaming up a pattern for an entire bedspread for our queen sized bed. Yikes! That should only take me a year or so...