Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The makings of a rippleghan, and a crocheted "fit to be tied" handbag



This is such a busy month with so many things to make! This is one of my WIPs:


This is my version of "Fit to be Tied" from Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker. I started this project in Red Heart Soft, and absolutely detested how fuzzy it was looking. My sister in law is a sophisticated kinda gal, and I just couldn't see her carrying a fuzzy bag. So, I restarted it using one of my absolute favorite yarns - Sinfonia. It's a 100% mercerized cotton, and its in sportweight. Because of that I had to change all of the dimensions, stitches, and hook size, so I've been winging it. Its turning out great so far. I picked up that wonderful black and white fabric from Ikea, and it will line the bag. A pretty black ribbon with white stitching will be threaded through the gaps near the handles. I might need to make me one of these.

Also this week, Hobby Lobby had once again put their Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist yarn on sale. I have made a couple scarves, a hat, and a throw from this yarn and I just can't use it enough. This stuff is regularaly $6.50 a skein, but is currently $.99! I bought a ton of it! I plan on making a ripple-ghan in stripes for my queen sized bed. I can't wait to start it , but it will have to wait for after all the holiday gifts are completed - which knowing me will likely be Christmas day while we are in the car on our way to the in-laws.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog through google search because I have brought two mosaic twist - moody blue (they were the only two left). I started knitting a scarf for my boyfriend's birthday, but I have a problem since I can't seen to find more of the moody blue in three of the hobby lobby stories already. I was wondering if you can sell me two of the moody blue since I saw from your picture that you have a lot of the yarn. I would be so grateful. Can you please help me?? I have been searching for two weeks now.