Monday, November 2, 2009

Photos of my finished costume

Everything in the pictures are made by me, except for the corset. (Makeup by me, too.) I wanted to make a corset, but I ran out of time. The overskirt is a six gored skirt and is made from the tutorial here:
http://katafalk.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/how-to-sew-a-victorian-skirt/

It is a great tutorial, and really stretched my math skills. Everything else I made from scratch or altered with no pattern. Yay!






































2 comments:

BessC said...

What did you do on Halloween?

It's Sew Easy said...

You did an AWESOME job on your skirt!! I just ran into the tutorial today, and besides needing to strain my brain a bit for math, I am surprised that such a stunning skirt is not more complicated to make. You should be proud of yourself!